Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Different Kind of Tears

Wednesday August 12th, 2009

As I sit here tonight by my father's side as he slowly slips away, I can't help but to wonder how did this happen? How did the tables so suddenly turn? Just when we got to bring Jacob home and start enjoying life again, now we must prepare to mourn for my father. It just isn't fair.

I sit here and cry. Its different kind of tears. Its a different kind of sadness for a parent than a child. Its still a heavy crushing feeling but just not the same. I just can't explain it. We started funeral arrangements. Its almost unethical how much it costs to burry your loved one. It should be illegal. Funeral homes should be deprivatized. It is taking advantage of the grieving and its just wrong. I ask that you all keep my father in your thoughts even if most of you have never even met him. Like I said in my previous entry, he is part of Jacob's Journey and forever will be. 

On a happier note, Jacob is doing miraculously well. My sister and I were sitting outside one night and she asked me if i thought God had taken the pain away from Jacob and gave it to dad...you can't help but wonder. 

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day for Jacob's homecoming. Its like the skies just opened up just for him. Turn out was about 150 PEOPLE!!!!! I couldn't believe it and thank everyone who came to celebrate life AND food!!! :) :)

It was a beautiful day to celebrate our hero! picture to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment