Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Let the Healing and Living Begin!

Tuesday June 9th, 2009

Well, I think its time for an update. Wow! thank you everyone for your support and for all those who judged...as some of you said...shame on you!! As Carol Bean put it in in her poem "I Hope"...I hope you never have to experience any of these things...Because...only then... Will you understand.

Day 4 of being home and well remember when I said i would do anything to go back to my old routine, well, my house is a mess, i have two children who cry and whine at the same time and who want everything as soon as they ask for it, my husband and I are getting on each other's nerves trying to get the house organized and well....I LOVE IT!!! :) :) 

We are not quite there yet and we have a long road ahead of us but I am happy to say Jacob is doing as good as we can ask for. Busy week this week with many appts at CHEO but the best part is we get to come home. Jacob is still sick at times with vomiting and tummy pains but it is manageable and i am loving tucking him into his bed every night. Its what every mother dreams of but you don't realize just how much until it is taken away from you. 

So many of you sent me inspiring messages and that is what gets me through the days knowing we have so much support and so much love and thoughts coming Jacob's way. You all have been such a wonderful support system for Jason and I and we are thankful.

This week was doctors appt and next week we start therapy for his legs and well the most important part...help him learn how to eat and drink again. I am scared but looking forward to it. The Christmas tree came down yesterday. It wasn't quite the xmas in july we planned since he is still not eating but the deal was the tree stayed up til he came home and well...he came home. I still can't believe i am writing these words. I never thought we would make it here and the thought of still being in Montreal had we not decided to come home makes me literally sick to my stomach.

there's no looking back now....as Heather Lindsey put it...

Let the healing, and the living begin!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment