Thursday, April 23, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby

Thursday, April 23rd, 2009

Hi All, its been a bit of a busy week. We are slowly getting ready for baby and trying to get things together for our journey to Montreal. Jacob is doing well. Last Sunday and Monday he gave us a bit of a scare when he fell ill with severe nausea and vomiting and we just didn't know why. But Tuesday started recovering. It could have been a bug(we hope that's all it was). He has had his ups and downs this week. His throat is very sore, so sore it completely paralyzes him. There is not much we can do for that right now except morphine. He said to me the other night..."mama I know its exciting for you and daddy that my throat hurts but not for me, its really bad". He is right, he over hears us say how exciting it is, and well the thruth although he may not completely grasp the idea, the thruth is we are very excited. This just means that things are healing and he is getting more and more feeling. I don't take anything away from him, my heart sinks when he cries because it hurts so much. He is slowly working towards recovery. Yesterday, he played a game with occupational therapy. After his feeding test last friday they were now wondering if the reason he was coughing things back up or gagging to heavily was because he may not have feeling in his mouth because of the paralysis. So they made him taste, sweet, sour, nothing(water) and salty and he got EVERY single one of them. So now we know its safe for him to keep going. I am so happy, no words could ever express the feeling Jason and I have right now. We know its going to be a long rehab process but we are ready!! 

He is still vomiting and we still don't know why. Its scares me because i wonder if it will ever go away. It has been there even before all this started so is this something he will have to live with? i don't know but it scares me. 

Baby is due soon. Jacob is so very excited and I can't wait for him to be a big brother. No love and bond will ever exist like the one Jacob and his brother will have. I can't wait. 

Next week, he is scheduled for his MRI. He will put to sleep for it so we hope he doesn't get too sick. We will be praying for the best for the results. God I need some good news. 
In the meantime, we hope to have a good weekend. We hope to get him out of here for a few hours on saturday if its nice out. I can only hope for the best. 

I will keep you posted on Jacob and well maybe next time I write Jacob will be holding his baby brother...who STILL doesn't have a name by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment