Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I am ready, but scared

Wednesday, April 29th, 2009

Hello All, Jacob is recovering from eye surgery today. He was not a happy camper. He is in pain but overall still doing well. He was and is such a brave trooper i just can't say it enough. Just when Jason and I think we cant respect him more than we already do, he surprises us and surpasses the strenght he already has. 

This surgery was a big decision for us and we hope we made the best decision. We haven't seen his eye yet so we don't know what the final result is but as I said before its not about cosmetic anymore...now its about making him better and giving him the best quality of life we can under these circumstances. 

Jacob is still on cloud nine from the birth of his brother. We keep telling him its going to wear off when he is bigger and his brother won't leave him alone but he says "no way jose, that will NEVER happen"...lol

The results of the MRI and spinal tap are in. The MRI shows more shrinkage and the spinal tap was negative so we are happy and hope the rest of his treatments go well and that this journal will end sooner than later with my happy ending.

We found out today that we leave for Montreal May 6th. OMG! That only gives us a week to prepare. We knew we were leaving soon but didn't think it was this soon and there is SO much to do. i am exhausted but will give it my all to get ready so we can get this started once and for all. I am scared. I am ready but scared. As much as I don't want to do this I know in my heart it is our responsibility to give Jacob the best chance of surviving this battle. 

Despite the rough moments today with pain management, its another good day under our belt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment