Saturday, May 2, 2009

Six Months

As I started writing the date, Saturday May 2nd, 2009 I realized that it was 6 months today that our lives changed forever. i can't believe its been 6 months. I can't believe we have come this far, days where we honestly thought Jacob would not live to see another day and here we are 6 months later, not exactly where we want to be or thought we would be but damn he's come a long way. No need to question why he is our hero and why we didn't hesitate to name Liam after his big brother whom we admire so. I still can't believe baby is here, i don't know how i survived this pregnancy but so glad that Liam was able to survive the turmoil and bring so much joy to this family. 

It has been an emotional ride this week. We were overjoyed with the birth of our son yet stressed to the point where Jason and I were, at time, mean to each other. We are overwhelmed with the upcoming trip and stressed because there is just so much to get done in such little time. 

We have a very busy schedule the next few days, Sunday we are honored to be attending jogging for Jacob's journey which is organized by Jacob's school. I am looking forward to having Jacob see all his friends at school. Monday/Tuesday they crammed all his tests that need to get done for Montreal. it will be very overwhelming for Jacob and wednesday first thing in the morning we are off. In the meantime we must also prepare Jacob and say goodbye to our family at CHEO who have been in our lives for 6 months now. Its not going to be easy and I hold back the tears now just thinking about it. 

This is it. The time I have been dreading, the time to say goodbye and move on and make new friends at Ste-Justine. I will keep you all posted and again thank you for those who sit in front of ypur screens eager to want to know how Jacob is doing. I know Jacob may not quite comprehend what it means that you all care and love him so much but to Jason and I, it means the world. 

Hoping my baby is sound asleep and dreaming of being in the school yard chasing a ball which is where he should have been all this time. 

Goodnight peanut, i love you, from here to the moon....to mars! oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment