Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Brotherly Bond

Thursday May 14th, 2009

Well, Chemo is done. We had a couple of days of rest. My sister came to town and spent a couple of days with us. It was nice, Jason and I managed to go do some shopping and we bought FOUR pairs of shoes between the two of us...lol... Last night I went out to dinner with my sister and friend. It was nice. Jacob had a rough night with daddy last night, sick every couple of hours. Today was no better, very nauseous. Fever since Tuesday. Tomorrow is the transplant. I had a meeting with the charge nurse today and explained to me exactly how all of this is going to go down. The actual transplant is all of an infusion that takes a couple of minutes. Once that is done, we wait and hope for the best. That's all we can do. We wait for his stem cells to help him recover as best and as quick as he can. After that, we are hoping now to make it home for 3 or 4 days when his counts recover. Why after 6 months do i think we may actually be able to go home? not sure, but something tells me we might just be able to. I suppose some days I am more positive than I think I am. Today as sick as he was feeling, I was feeling positive that this is going to work. Tonight before Jason left with Liam, he gave me the biggest hug that he had given me in a long time and whispered I love you....at that moment for some reason, I knew everything was going to be ok. I hope so, I have to believe this is going to work because the alternative is devastating. Tonight, Jacob managed to get a bit of a second wind. We got a webcam and he said hi to his best friend and that seemed to set a sparkle...so we managed to play a couple of games. He is sound alseep now and as I start feeling the anxiety of the night shift i hope and pray to God that he will sleep peacefully tonight. 

Liam is doing well. Last night he was very fussy, gave me quite a bit of a hard night but this morning when I learned of jacob's condition throughout the night I believe Liam knew his brother wasn't well. Today he slept peacefully by Jacob side most of the day. I can't wait to see them grow up together. :)

I will let you all know how the transplant goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment