Friday, February 27, 2009

Courage

Friday, february 27th, 2009.

I guess I was wrong, I wasn't out of tears.

Daddy and Jacob had a very rough night last night. Jacob was up vomitting all night. They got no sleep and they are exhausted. 
This morning Jason made the decision to not have Jacob sedated for radiation. Which means he may have missed a treatment. You can't possibly imagine how relieved I was when Jason told me he made that decision. So the team decided to have Jacob go to the General and try it without sedation. We all assumed he wouldn't do it, as before, he was overwhelmed, scared and being bolted to a table is not easy. And feeling the way he was we figured he would just miss a treatment today. Well....HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how and why but he did. I think he really is aware that he is very sick right now because of the drugs that perhaps he just decided that it was enough! 
He was very scared but he did it and there are NO words to express how proud Jason and I were of him today. there are just no words but if you could see the look on our face you would all comprehend how proud we are of him. We can't seem to tell him enough.

So we are hoping that he keeps this routine and hopefully he will start feeling better soon.

Jacob continued to be sick ALL day today and is still very sick. I think its going to be another very long night for my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment