Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Following Your Gut

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009.

As I sit here and wipe my tears once again ...I have to start by saying that i cried so many tears today because we are just so taken back by all of you who care so much to want to know about Jacob. 

Today, as parents, we "followed our gut" as you put Terry. That is the best advice a mother could ever give a mother. Your mother was a smart woman and I am sorry to hear she is no longer with you.

This morning, Jason and I made an executive decision to not go ahead with the MRI. The risks were too great and something was telling us that it just wasn't right. Last night we went to bed with heavy hearts but this morning we didn't even have to think about it. I don't think the doctors were too happy with our decision but it was as they say in french "plus fort que nous". Despite what the doctors said, we didn't think waiting a few more days would make that big of a difference. We are happy we waited and have no regrets. 

Jacob gets another day to recover from pneumonia without us having taken the chance of making him sicker. 

Tonight, i spent two hours in the playroom with Jacob. Then spent an hour playing wii in his room, kicking my sorry butt at every game we played.. 

Its 10:53pm now as I just watch my son fall alseep peacefully

No comments:

Post a Comment